A responsible hospice care team gives physical, emotional, spiritual, and practical support to make sure that the patient’s goals for life and care are achieved. They pay special attention to symptom management and pain control, to help the patient feel as alert and involved in life as possible.
Other benefits a patient can receive from hospice care are the following:
- If a patient qualifies for Medicare, hospice care comes for free.
- Patients have the freedom to choose where and how they will receive healthcare in Texas.
- Help provided by the hospice team is available 24/7.
- A social worker is available to help family and friends in grieving after experiencing a loss.
- Patients are encouraged to remain active and enjoy what they love.