We all feel the burden of a terminal illness diagnosis, even if we’re not the patient. Hospice care is a health service provided to both the patient and their family to help them through tough times.
A responsible hospice care team gives physical, emotional, spiritual, and practical support to make sure that the patient’s goals for life and care are achieved. They pay special attention to symptom management and pain control, to help the patient feel as alert and involved in life as possible.
Other benefits a patient can receive from hospice care are the following:
- If a patient qualifies for Medicare, hospice care comes for free.
- Patients have the freedom to choose where and how they will receive healthcare in Texas.
- Help provided by the hospice team is available 24/7.
- A social worker is available to help family and friends in grieving after experiencing a loss.
- Patients are encouraged to remain active and enjoy what they love.
Apart from professional nursing service in Roma, Texas, Caridad Healthcare, Inc. has recently added a hospice program to our services. For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us, here.